Matthew Miller (better known as Chasidic/reggae beatboxer/rapster Matisyahu) released an April 2008 recording called ‘One Day.’ Speaking about this monster hit Matisyahu said that “it is an anthem of hope with a big beat, the kind of song that makes you bob your head and open your heart at the same time.” The song expresses a confidence that God has put us on this earth for a reason and vocalizes a deep yearning for Messianic days (“All my life I’ve been waiting for, I’ve been praying for…”) which will put an end to war.
The Hebrew prophet Zechariah describes that ‘One Day’ in a heavenly vision describing Messiah’s return. But in the paraphrased words of Inigo Montoya (from the movie ‘The Princess Bride’), “This word ‘One Day’ – I do not think it means what some people think it means!” What does Zechariah’s prophecy of that soon-approaching Day reveal?
The Day is near
On Passover an ancient melody is chanted in many Jewish households, “Karev yom asher hu lo yom v’lo laila!” (‘The Day is near which is neither day nor night’), a song based on Zechariah 14:7: “ For it will be a unique Day which is known to YHVH, neither day nor night.” The term “that Day” is used at least seven times in this passage to describe many astounding future events:
- A Day of international military invasion of Jerusalem involving devastation (14:1-2)
- A Day of battle when the Lord Messiah returns to fight against the anti-Israel nations (14:3)
- On that Day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, causing a massive earthquake (14:4)
- On that Day massive plagues will consume the flesh of those battling against the Jewish state (14:12-15)
- On that Day there will be a divine twilight which will morph into a bright evening (14:6-7)
- On that Day a new river will gush forth from out of the Temple Mount, turning Jerusalem into the Venice of the Middle East and making the Dead Sea come alive (14:8; Isaiah 33:17-21; Ezekiel 47:1-12)
- On that Day the entire Jewish population living in Jerusalem will holy and faithful (14:20-21)
One King, one YHVH, one city
Zechariah declares that in that Messianic Day “YHVH will be king over all the earth. In that day YHVH will be the only one, and His name the only one” (14:9). A Jewish King will reign in a Jewish city overflowing with Jewish people. His reign will extend over the entire planet, and all nations will be obedient to Him (Psalm 89:23-28; 2:8-12; Genesis 49:10).
The prophet spotlights God’s centrality and priority in three future areas:
- the geographical centrality and priority of the Jewish homeland and capital city. Jerusalem will not be an internationalized city or subject to division by the nations of the world
- YHVH the God of the Jewish people will be manifested as sovereign over all other so-called gods
- God’s unchanging personal Hebrew name YHVH (Exodus 3:15) will be the only name for God used by the entire planet. His name will not be shunned or avoided, and no other pseudonyms (like Allah) will be used
You can’t get there from here
The majority of today’s Christian church would be utterly flummoxed if Zechariah’s prophecy were to come to pass since most Christians don’t believe that God’s gifts and calling to Israel are still valid. Today many followers of Jesus would have difficulty accepting that Jesus will reign from a Jewish Jerusalem. At present most Gentile believers in Jesus would be severely disoriented were they required to switch over to using the names ‘YHVH’ and ‘Yeshua.’ Yet Zechariah’s End of Days prophetic word remains true.
Upcoming prophetic changes will also include a radical shift away from present traditional Christian calendars whose origins lie in solar-based pagan calendars (whether Roman or Greek). Instead there will be a return to God’s lunar-based biblical Hebrew calendar:
- “Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘YHVH’s appointed times which you shall proclaim as holy convocations – My appointed times are these’” (Leviticus 23:2)
- “Then God said, ‘Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years’” (Genesis 1:14)
Many of these changes will transform traditional Christianity and the results will be earth-shaking. This future prophetic expression of the body of Messiah will be nearly unrecognizable for some. It will certainly look a lot more friendly to Jews than much of what is called ‘Christianity’ today. A new Jewish Reformation is on the way.
- “And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, ‘Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.’ This expression, “Yet once more,’ denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain” (Hebrews 12:26-27 quoting Haggai 2:6)
How should we then pray?
- Pray for the worldwide body of Messiah to make herself ready for YHVH’s Day of visitation
- Pray for specific revelation to transform preachers, teachers and Christian leaders in these areas
- Pray for balance for all concerned – that joy and open hearts will prevail over legalism and control
- Pray for believers to receive greater wisdom, discernment and revelation about God’s word and heart for Israel
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212-1971 USA
Donations can also be made on-line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org