“Remember the days of old. Consider the years of all generations. Ask your father and he will inform you – your elders, and they will tell you. When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of mankind, He set the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of the sons of Israel. For YHVH’s portion is His people; Jacob is the allotment of His inheritance” (Deuteronomy 32:7-9).
The Scriptures place great stress on the importance of remembering. Remembering can be a holy act.
- But remember the former days (Hebrews 10:32).
- Remember what Amalek did to you on the way when you came out of Egypt (Deuteronomy 25:17)
- My people, remember now what Balak king of Moab planned, and what Balaam son of Be’or answered him . . . so that you might know the righteous acts of YHVH (Micah 6:5)
- “And Yeshua . . . said to them . . . ‘Do you not yet comprehend or understand? Do you still have your heart hardened? Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?’” (Mark 8:17-19)
- I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of a reminder, to remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets (1 Peter 3:1-2)
On the other hand, not remembering can be a dangerous act:
- They quickly forgot His works. They did not wait for His plan, but became lustfully greedy in the wilderness, and put God to the test in the desert (Psalm 106:13-14)
- But they forgot YHVH their God, so He sold them into the hand of Sisera, commander of the army of Hazor, and into the hand of the Philistines, and into the hand of the king of Moab, and they fought against them (1 Samuel 12:9)
- My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Since you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the Teaching of your God, I also will forget your children (Hosea 4:6)
Rabbi Nachman of Breslov once said that “Forgetfulness leads to exile, but remembering is the key to redemption.” The German philosopher G.W. Hegel sums it up: “What experience and history teach is this – that nations and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted upon any lessons they might have drawn from it” (Georg Wilhelm Hegel, Lectures on the Philosophy of History, 1832). The philosopher George Santayana adds a postscript, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” (The Life of Reason, vol. one, 1905).
Jephthah – a Special Operations Forces judge
The ninth judge of Israel, Jephthah, was the illegitimate offspring of Gideon and an unnamed prostitute (Judges 11:1). Rejected by Gideon’s legitimate sons, he fled to the other side of the Jordan River, residing in a rough neighborhood, the Land of Tov (Judges 11:3; 2 Samuel 10:6-8; 1 Maccabees 5:13). When the Jews of neighboring Gilead faced a mortal threat from the hateful sons of Ammon, they turned to Jephthah, calling on his military prowess to deliver the very people who had rejected him. Accepting the request, Jephthah went to parlay with the Ammonites – an ancient Middle Eastern kind of ‘peace talks’ (Judges 11:12-15). The Book of Judges allows us to eavesdrop on their secret negotiations:
- So Jephthah sent messengers to the king of the sons of Ammon, saying, “What conflict do you and I have, that you have come to me to fight against my land?” And the king of the sons of Ammon said to the messengers of Jephthah, “It is because Israel took my land when they came up from Egypt, from the Arnon as far as the Jabbok and the Jordan; so return them peaceably now.” But Jephthah sent messengers once again to the king of the sons of Ammon, and they said to him, “This is what Jephthah says: ‘Israel did not take the land of Moab nor the land of the sons of Ammon!”
Even back in biblical days, enemies of Israel turned to false narratives in their propagandistic clashes against the Jewish people. With a battle royal on the horizon if peace talks failed, Ammon falsely accused Israel of invading and occupying Ammonite lands. Jephthah contradicted their deceitful narrative, reaching back 300 years to supportive historical facts as well as to God’s perspective on it all. Negotiations broke down and the battle was joined. In the words of Eli Wallach’s (Tuco) ad-lib in Sergio Leone’s ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,’ “When you have to shoot, shoot. Don’t talk!”
Jephthah’s appeal to history as the region tottered on the edge of the cliff can help as we consider modern parallels.
Schindler’s other list
Steven Spielberg’s 1994 Academy Award winning movie ‘Schindler’s List’ brought the tragedy of the Holocaust home to millions of viewers in a shockingly personal way. But, as Hollywood often does, it glossed over a few unsavory aspects of Oskar Schindler’s earlier life. Schindler had once served as a Nazi spy in the Nazi Abwehr’s (German military intelligence) Command Unit VIII under a Major Plathe. One of his most important tasks was to procure Polish uniforms to be used in a false flag attack on August 31, 1939 which would give Hitler a pretext – a casus belli – to justify his invasion of Poland (code-named Fall Weiß – ‘White Plan’) and to kick off World War II the next morning. Adolf Hitler had told his generals on August 22: “I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn’t matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth.”
Reinhard Heydrich (one of the chief architects of the Holocaust) and Heinrich Müller, (chief of the Gestapo secret police), supervised and managed Operation Himmler, an assortment of false flag attacks drawn up by Heinrich Himmler (Chief of the SS). Other false flag attacks on that night were:
- The strategic railway at Jablunka Pass (Jabłonków Incident)
- The German customs station at Hochlinden
- The forest service station in Pitschen
- The communications station at Neubersteich
- The railway station in Alt-Eiche
- A woman and her companion in Katowice
The specific target in this sub-operation (Aktion ‘Großmutter gestorben’ – Operation ‘Grandmother has died’) was a Nazi attack on a German radio station tower (Sender Gleiwitz) in Gleiwitz, Upper Silesia (then under German control). On the night of August 31, 1939 a small group of Nazi operatives dressed in Polish uniforms seized the Gleiwitz station and broadcast a short anti-German message in Polish. Millions of Germans were horrified to hear this radio transmission and were ready to stand with Hitler against Poland. The attack and the broadcast were made to look like the work of Polish anti-German saboteurs.
Just before the temporary seizing of the radio tower, the Gestapo had arrested and executed Franciszek Honiok, a 43-year-old unmarried Upper Silesian Catholic farmer who sympathized with the Poles. They dressed him to look like a saboteur, injected and rendered him unconscious, and then shot him, leaving his corpse at the scene to give the impression that he had been killed attacking the station. Several prisoners from the Dachau concentration camp were also drugged and shot on site, their faces disfigured to make identification impossible.
In his address before the German Reichstag on September 1, 1939, Hitler declared: “This night for the first time Polish regular soldiers fired on our territory. Since 5.45 A.M. we have been returning the fire, and from now on bombs will be met by bombs.”
Hitler and Nazi media for months had falsely accused Polish authorities of organizing and tolerating violent ethnic cleansing of ethnic Germans living in Poland. At his Reichstag address, he repeated these false charges, mentioning the 21 false flag attacks as his reason for invading Poland:
- “Poland . . . did not think of keeping her obligations to minorities . . . No Great Power can with honor long stand by passively and watch such events . . . Polish atrocities . . . recently in one night there were as many as twenty-one frontier incidents. Last night there were fourteen, of which three were quite serious . . . I will not war against women and children. I have ordered my air force to restrict itself to attacks on military objectives.”
Let him who is without sin . . .
False flag operations have been proposed and/or carried out by many other countries throughout history, even by Western Powers. Here are two examples of many available:
- Operation Northwoods, a proposed CIA false flag operation against American citizens originated within the US Department of Defense in 1962. The plan was for CIA operatives to both stage and commit acts of terrorism against American military and civilian targets, blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. The plan was authored by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.
- Operation Ajax, a 1953 CIA operation in Iran code-named TPAJAX involved a “directed campaign of bombings by Iranians posing as members of the Communist party” involved the bombing of “at least one” well known Muslim’s house by CIA agents posing as Communists The CIA determined that the tactic of false flag attacks added to the “positive outcome” of AJAX.
How do you say ‘false flag’ in Russian?
The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valeriy Zaluzhnyi sent out a communique a few days ago warning Ukrainians that intelligence sources have picked up information about false flag operations set in place by Russian special forces and political proxies in the regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, areas which broke away from Ukraine in a Russian-orchestrated operation back in 2014. He specifically talked about the laying of land mines in public spaces, on train tracks and bus routes in Donetsk and Luhansk, where Russian citizens (former Ukrainians) live. The goal would be is to cause civilian casualties which could then be used by Russia as a pretext to invade Ukraine – the same modus operandi as Hitler and Himmler.
Also in the past few days, the Commander of the Ukrainian Joint Forces Operation Oleksandr Pavliuk appealed to the Ukrainian people, reporting that there is a high probability of false flag terrorist acts organized by Russia in Donbas: “According to our intelligence, there is a high probability of terrorist acts aimed at killing civilians and accusing the Ukrainian military of doing so. Unfortunately, we are unable to verify this information or influence it, so I appeal to all of you in the hope that exposing these possible plans will save lives.”
Shelling, sniping, mortar attacks and car bombs have begun to shake the ground near the tense dividing line between Ukraine and those territories seized by Russia in 2014. Break-away leaders of the Ukrainian-Russian client states are threatening to call upon Russia to defend them from supposed Ukrainian attacks. Most people in the world are not sufficiently aware of recent history to be on the outlook for the Russian false flag dynamic as a pretext for invasion of Ukraine on the radar.
How should we then pray?
- Pray for clarity, discernment and revelation concerning demonic plans taking shape in the heart of Europe
- Pray for hidden plots and false flags to be exposed and neutralized
- Pray for wisdom for the leaders of Ukraine, Russia, USA, NATO, England, Germany and France as they weigh options and make decisions
- Pray for the raising up of Ezekiel’s prophetic Jewish army throughout the earth
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212-1971 USA
Donations can also be made on-line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org