On October 6, 1981, four Islamist Egyptians (two soldiers, one ex-soldier and an engineer) jumped out of military trucks in front of the presidential viewing stands during the Egyptian Army’s victory parade commemorating the eighth anniversary of the Yom Kippur War. They threw four grenades into the grandstands and then opened up with four clips of AK-47 submachine gun fire at close quarters until their ammunition was exhausted. President Anwar al-Sadat and ten others were murdered, while 28 were wounded.
A pre-coordinated Islamist insurrection broke out two days later in Asyut in Upper Egypt, and the city fell under Islamist control for a few days. The revolt was quashed at the cost of 66 police deaths and 21 Egyptian paratrooper fatalities (who had been brought in from Cairo to mop up) as well as over 100 policemen wounded. On April 15, 1982 the two soldier-assassins (Khālid al-Islāmbūlī and Hussein Mohammed) were executed by firing squad at the al-Gaber al-Ahmar firing site, while the other two assassins (Abdel-Hamid Abdel-Aal and Atta Tayel Hemida Raheel) were hanged at Cairo’s Central Prison. A third man Egyptian was hanged – Mohammed Abd al-Salam Faraj, a 27-year-old engineer. He had provided ammunition to the assassins, and had written a jihadi booklet (Al-Farida al-gha’iba, The Neglected Duty [of jihad]) calling for the assassination of all Muslim leaders who were not sufficiently jihadi in their outlook and policies.
The Blind Sheikh and his followers
According to Tala’at Fuad Qasim, ex-head of the jihadi terrorist organization Gama’a Islamiyya (the Islamic Group) it was his organization that organized the assassination of Sadat and recruited the team-leader al-Islambuli. Members of the Islamic Group’s ‘Majlis ash-Shura’ (‘Consultative Council’) were headed by the famed ‘blind sheikh’ Sheikh Omar Abd al-Rahman, who issued an Islamic ruling (‘fatwa’) in August 1981 excommunicating Sadat, thus paving the way to his assassination:
Sheikh al-Rahman was asked in a 1993 interview about Sadat’s assassination: “At your trial in the Sadat assassination case you told the judge it was lawful to shed the blood of a ruler who does not rule according to God’s ordinances.” The sheikh replied, “Yes, I told the judge that whoever does not rule as Allah orders is an infidel. And if you apply that rule to . . . Sadat and [Hosni] Mubarak, they are all infidels.” To be branded as an apostate carries a death sentence in Islam. The blind Sheikh was closely related to the jihadi terror group Egyptian Islamic Jihad (also known as Islamic Jihad) which had been founded by Faraj, and which later merged into Al-Qa’eda.
On the fringe of Sadat assassination plot in 1981 was a prominent Egyptian doctor Ayman al-Zawahiri, He was arrested by Egyptian police after Sadat’s murder, and immediately became the spokesperson for the jailed plotters. Former CIA analyst and counter-terrorism expert Bruce Riedel notes that al-Zawahiri, as Osama bin Laden’s deputy and eventual successor, became the leading al-Qa’eda ideologue since its inception.
This ‘Who’s Who’ of notorious jihadi terrorists are spiritually connected to Gaza’s Hamas and Islamic Jihad, and all spring from the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood movement. Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi (whose fatwas legalized Hamas suicide bombings) fills out the rogues’ gallery here, having had his home base for decades in Doha, Qatar – not far from the USA’s huge al-Udeid Air Base, where CENTCOM has its Combined Air Operations Center.
The prophetic timeclock – “takes a licking but keeps on ticking!”
Two of our dear prophetic friends separately shared things that they believe they heard from God. Both are worth chewing on.
One of these men told me that God spoke to him when Sadat was murdered, and told him that this jihadi slaying – the assassination of the leader of Islam’s largest country – was the beginning of World War III. The above jihadi master-terrorists described should give us pause for thought: is coming world war going to be connected to the Middle East – specifically, to the Jewish people and their state; to jihad and its armies; and to Middle East geopolitical factors?
Our other friend told me how the Lord told him to turn on his TV. It was the morning of September 11, 2001. As images of jet airplanes crashed into the World Trade Center, he felt the still small voice of God saying to him: “The time of the hunters has begun!” (see Jeremiah 16:16 and Jeremiah 30:6-8; both passages speak of hard times to come for the Jewish people, which will ultimately lead to national salvation and restoration).
The ‘hooks in the jaws of the nations’ (see Ezekiel 38:4) could very well be virulent Islamic anti-Jewish jihadi hatred – the same kind evidenced in Hamas’ pogrom atrocities of October 7, 2023. This could act as a magnet for the Muslim world, drawing it down. The words of Ezekiel 38 are strikingly similar to events that the world has just witnessed:
- This is what Adonai YHVH says: “It will come about on that day, that thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil plan, and you will say, ‘I will go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, who live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates, to capture spoils and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the ruins that are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired livestock and goods, who live at the center of the world.’” (Ezekiel 38:10-12)
How should we then pray?
- Pray for jihadi deception, dissimulation and lying to be uncovered and rejected by world leaders
- Pray for clarity, moral courage, discernment and strategies for Israel’s leadership at all levels in utterly destroying the Hamas threat
- Pray for Hamas’ cruel terror dictatorship in Gaza to be finally shattered and all chains broken off the Palestinians living there
- Pray for minimal loss of life on Israel’s side and for those Gazans who are truly innocent
- Pray for the physical rescue of the approximately 178 Israelis (including babies) kidnapped by Hamas.
- Pray that the outstretched arm of YHVH will not return before it brings justice to God’s enemies
- Pray for the raising up of Ezekiel’s prophetic Jewish army throughout the earth
Your prayers and support hold up our arms and are the very practical enablement of God to us in the work He has called us to do.
In Messiah Yeshua,
Donations can be sent to:
FINAL FRONTIER MINISTRIES
BOX 121971 NASHVILLE TN 37212 – 1971 USA
Donations can also be made on – line (by PayPal) through: www.davidstent.org